Matsuda Sunglasses for Men
Expressive Design and Japanese Precision
In the 1960s, Mitsuhiro Matsuda ventured into groundbreaking experiments with Western design by delving deeply into traditional Japanese fashion. His creations were a play of innovation and deep connections to the past, enriched with a touch of European romanticism. Inspired by Gothic architecture, Victorian art and American jazz, Matsuda inaugurated a new era of international, avant-garde designs rooted in cultural heritage and destined to shape the future. For his fashion campaigns, Matsuda collaborated with renowned artists such as Juergen Teller, Bruce Weber, Jan Saudek and Nan Goldin.
Today, the eponymous label of Matsuda, who died in Tokyo in 2008, offers sunglasses and eyewear for men that are second to none. In addition to the iconic Aviator style, styles with round glasses and the classic Panto design, the Japanese brand's range also includes unusual shapes such as a hexagon. To rethink eyewear designs and combine them with the demand for perfected craftsmanship - Matsuda succeeds in this from season to season.
What Makes Matsuda Sunglasses for Men So Special?
Matsuda sunglasses and eyewear are distinguished by their exceptional design and intricate craftsmanship. It takes up to 250 work steps, 71 hours and 13 craftsmen to make a pair of Matsuda sunglasses for men. It is a long way from conception to construction. With a lot of skill and in precise manual work, styles are thus created in the eyewear workshops of the Japanese city of Sabae with which you can make a fashion statement. Combine the sunglasses for men by Matsuda with a plain designer suit for men or match the colour of the lenses with a designer shirt for men.
Each piece of eyewear is assembled and inspected by hand. Matsuda's high quality standards speak to 50 years of craftsmanship and exceptional expertise.
Matsuda Sunglasses for Men: The Perfect Frameworks
- Frames made of precious styles: titanium, stainless steel, sterling silver and 18-carat gold are crafted into elaborate frames by Matsuda's experienced master craftsmen. Ancient techniques are used that require the highest level of skill. Intricate details and filigree ornaments are engraved by hand into the precious metals. The titanium construction of the Japanese label is particularly light and extremely comfortable to wear. Artfully curved temples, side shields with perforations and a decorated nose bridge - Matsuda sunglasses for men inspire with an extraordinary wealth of detail.
- Frames made of acetate: The acetate made of an organic plastic has to harden for over three months before it can be further processed into Matsuda sunglasses for men. The long hardening process leads to intense colour results, high break resistance as well as durability. The master polishers of the Japanese manufacture, who have spent 10 years perfecting their craft, give the acetate its unique finish.
- The lenses: The CR-39 lenses that Matsuda uses for its men's sunglasses and prescription glasses are lighter and more impact-resistant than normal glass. They filter out 100% of harmful UVA and UVB rays. Seven layers of anti-reflective coating provide lasting protection for the eyes.
What Does "Polarised" Mean for Sunglasses?
Polarised lenses filter out annoying glare and enhance colour contrast. Especially during outdoor activities, such as skiing or on the water, reflections occur that blind our eyes and can lead to fatigue. Matsuda sunglasses for men are also equipped with polarising lenses that protect your eyes and let you see even more clearly and distinctly.
Tip: Always pay attention to the filter category of your Matsuda sunglasses for men to optimally protect your eyes from harmful radiation. Filter category 0 to 1 is only suitable for overcast days. With filter category 2, up to 82% of the light can be absorbed. This category is recommended as a minimum level for sun exposure. Filter categories 3 and 4, on the other hand, are appropriate when you are at the seaside or in the snow in the mountains, and are exposed to particularly strong radiation.
Contrary to Mass Production: Matsuda Eyewear for Individualists
Matsuda sunglasses and prescription glasses for men from the Japanese manufacturer are a real insider tip. They combine creative perfection with a sense of individualism. Real connoisseurs and lovers of the brand rely on the limited styles and particularly expressive designs such as:
- The high-flyer: the style 2809H-V2 designed in 1989 in aviator design, which impresses with its richness of detail. The double bridge is typical for this style, which gives the glasses a higher degree of stability, is replaced in Matsuda's design by a thread reminiscent of a screw. It is complemented by removable side pieces that provide the cool look of the Matsuda sunglasses for men. Artful engravings on the nose bridge and the temples refine the eyewear style, which is limited to 500 pieces. Make these glasses the focal point of your look: wear them with a simple designer T-shirt for men and avoid any other accessories that could be distracting.
- The welder: A nine-interpretation of industrial workers' safety glasses is represented by style M3097. The round lenses in tinted grey are held together by a wide, perforated bridge. Narrow side pieces present themselves in the same design. The solid, masculine design is pleasantly light thanks to the titanium construction. Combined with a designer leather jacket for men, the full potential of these sunglasses comes to the fore.
- The Steampunker: Metal-embellished round lenses set in a solid, semi-transparent acetate frame form the basic structure of the 10605H . A slim metal frame with engraving surrounds the tinted lenses and underlines the retro-futuristic look of this creation by Matsuda. A casual designer short-sleeved shirt for men with a Cuban collar goes perfectly with the vintage style of these exceptional Matsuda sunglasses for men.
Styling tip: If you want to wear an accessory to complement your glasses, it's best to choose dense jewellery such as a bracelet or necklace made of the same material and colour as your Matsuda sunglasses for men. Ideally, the jewellery you choose will echo the engraving on your glasses.
There are a multitude of eyewear brands, but hardly any label works with such passion and detail as Matsuda. The Japanese signature style makes the sunglasses and prescription glasses an exclusive designer accessory for men. Find your perfect Matsuda sunglasses in the BRAUN Hamburg online shop.