General Terms & Conditions
§ 1 General Remarks
Braun Hamburg GmbH & Co. KG (hereafter referred to as "Braun Hamburg")
20095 Hamburg, Germany
Hamburg Local Court: HRA 100723
Managing Directors: Lars Braun
Erich Braun Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
Hamburg Local Court: HRB 91256
Phone: +49 (0)40 – 33 33 44 70
operates an online shop (hereafter referred to as "online shop") and the corresponding sub-pages under the URL http://www.braun-hamburg.com. All orders via the online shop, as well as goods delivered and services rendered by us, are exclusively subject to these General Terms & Conditions in their most current version at the time of the order. We do not recognise deviating provisions by the purchaser, unless we have consented to their applicability at least in a written form. The online shop is designed for orders by consumers. Merchants may also gladly place orders, the commercial reselling of the acquired merchandise, however, is prohibited.
§ 2 Cancellation Information for Consumers as Defined by Section 13 of the German Civil Code (BGB)
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without the need to state any reason.
The cancellation period is fourteen days from the day that you or the third party nominated by you, who is not the carrier, took possession of the last goods.
In order to exercise your cancellation rights, you must inform us (Braun Hamburg GmbH & Co. KG, Mönckebergstr. 17, 20095 Hamburg, Germany, Fax: +49 (0)40 / 33 44 71 03, email: email@example.com) with an unambiguous statement (e.g. letter sent by postal mail, fax or email) about your decision to cancel this contract. You may use our sample cancellation form, however it is not mandatory. You can fill in the sample cancellation form electronically or transmit another unambiguous statement on our website [https://www.braun-hamburg.com/cancellation-form]. If you choose this option, we will immediately send you (e.g. per email) a confirmation that we have received such cancellation.
To meet the cancellation period, it is sufficient to send a notification about the exercise of the cancellation rights before the end of the cancellation period.
Consequences of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, then we must immediately, or at the latest within fourteen days after the day on which the notification of your cancellation of the contract was received by us, pay back to you all payments which we have received from you, including the delivery costs (with exception of any additional costs which resulted from your selection of a different type of delivery to the cheapest standard delivery offered by us). For this repayment, we will use the same payment method which you used in the original transaction, unless it is expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will this repayment result in the payment of compensation. We may refuse this repayment until we have received the returned goods or you have provided evidence that the goods have been sent back, depending on which occurs first. You must immediately, and in any case at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which you informed us of the cancellation of the contract, send back or return the goods to us (Braun Hamburg GmbH & Co. KG, Mönckebergstr. 17, 20095 Hamburg, Germany). The time period is observed if you send the goods before expiry of the fourteen day time period. We bear the costs for return of the goods. You must only compensate us for any diminished value of the goods if this loss in value can be ascribed to an unnecessary handling of the goods carried out by you when testing the condition, properties and functionality of the goods.
According to statutory regulations, the cancellation right does not apply in case of:
- contracts for delivery of merchandise that is not pre-manufactured and the production of which requires an individual selection or specification by the consumer or which is clearly tailored to the individual requirements of the consumer.
Furthermore, the cancellation right expires in case of:
- contracts for the delivery of sealed merchandise that is not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene, if the seal has been removed after delivery.
§ 3 Prices, Products, Partial Deliveries, Partial Cancellation
- The goods offered in the online shop are presented in the form of digital photographs based upon the actual existing products. Slight deviations between the presentation and reality do not constitute defects of the ordered merchandise.
- The presented products may not necessarily be available when you visit our online shop. Furthermore, in seldom cases, prices may be revised within the order process.
- The stated base prices are in Euros, inclusive of VAT and exclusive of shipping costs. For deliveries to non-EU countries, the article prices stated are net prices, i.e. the sales prices exclusive of 19% VAT. After indicating your country of delivery, the prices are displayed to you exclusive of German VAT during the shopping process. All additional costs for your order are immediately added to a total price within the order process.
- Braun Hamburg is entitled to make partial shipments.
- If you have the right of cancellation pursuant to Section 2 of our T&Cs, you may also exercise it partially, i.e. by only sending back certain merchandise in your order, to the extent that the respective products have their own item number. In such a case, you will be reimbursed for the delivery costs of sending the goods to you, to the extent that these were incurred solely due to the merchandise being sent back. In case the same amount of delivery costs would have also been incurred if you had ordered the merchandise for which you have exercised no right of cancellation, you are to bear these delivery costs. There is also no reimbursement for delivery costs for partial deliveries incurred due to the fact that you have selected a different form of delivery other than the most economical standard delivery.
§ 4 Conclusion of Contract
- By sending us the order form in our online shop, you submit a binding offer to conclude a contract with us for the ordered products ("Your contract declaration"). You place this order when you send us the filled-in order form by pressing the "Complete order now" button. A contract is concluded between you and Braun Hamburg with the transmittal of an acceptance via email within a reasonable period, and in the unlikely event you do not receive this, with the timely dispatch of the merchandise to you.
- Please note that immediately upon transmitting your order, a confirmation on the receipt of your order is sent to you. This email does not constitute the acceptance of your offer but is merely intended as confirmation that we have received your order.
- Braun Hamburg is authorised to reject your order, especially if there is reason to suspect that the merchandise purchased via our online shop is intended to be commercially resold.
§ 5 Storage of the Contract Body
We will store your order details. You will receive a confirmation receipt for your order via email, including the cancellation information that you may print out and save.
§ 6 Delivery & Shipping
- Braun Hamburg ships its products within Germany via UPS Standard, DHL Paket or DHL Express, along with courier service within the city limits of Hamburg. Pick up in-store is possible as well. The transport risk lies with the shipper. For shipments to all other countries, delivery is made exclusively via UPS. Please note: When specifying a Packstation as a delivery address, shipping is only possible per DHL. Please also note that Saturday delivery is not possible when UPS is specified as shipping type.
- The merchandise is ready for shipment no later than on the day following your order. Unless otherwise agreed with you, delivery occurs from the warehouse within 1-5 working days (see below list) to the delivery address you have specified, depending upon the selection of the shipping type and the point of delivery. Due to unforeseen events, e.g. strike, there may be delays in delivery in exceptional cases.
- Shipping Costs
- Deliveries to non-EU countries, Deliveries Subject to Customs Duties
|Point of delivery||Shipping type||Shipping costs**||Delivery time, calculated after receipt of order|
|Germany||UPS Standard||EUR 0.00||1-2 working days|
|Germany||DHL Paket||EUR 0.00||2-5 working days|
|Germany||DHL Express||EUR 10.00||1 working day*|
|Hamburg***||Express courier||EUR 15.00||max. 3 hours|
|In-Store Hamburg****||Pick up||EUR 0.00||1-2 working days|
|Austria||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Belgium||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Czech Republic||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Denmark||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Estonia||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Finland||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|France||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Ireland||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Italy||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Luxembourg||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|The Netherlands||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Poland||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Portugal||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Sweden||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Slovakia||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Slovenia||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Spain||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|United Kingdom||UPS||EUR 15.00||2-4 working days|
|Liechtenstein||UPS Express Saver||EUR 25.00||2-4 working days|
|Norway||UPS Express Saver||EUR 25.00||2-4 working days|
|Switzerland||UPS Express Saver||EUR 25.00||2-4 working days|
|Australia||UPS Express Saver||EUR 45.00||2-4 working days|
|Canada||UPS||EUR 45.00||2-4 working days|
|Hong Kong||UPS Express Saver||EUR 45.00||2-4 working days|
|Japan||UPS Express Saver||EUR 45.00||2-4 working days|
|Singapore||UPS Express Saver||EUR 45.00||2-4 working days|
|South Korea (Republic of Korea)||UPS Express Saver||EUR 45.00||2-4 working days|
|United Arab Emirates||UPS Express Saver||EUR 45.00||2-4 working days|
|United States||UPS Express Saver||EUR 45.00||2-4 working days|
* Orders received by 2 pm CET from Monday to Friday (except for public holidays) are delivered by 12 noon on the next working day.
** For shipping costs with a point of delivery in Germany (domestic) and the EU, the cost of shipping includes VAT. The shipping costs for a point of delivery outside the EU (Switzerland, Norway, United States) does not include VAT.
*** Express courier: Courier delivery is only possible in the city limits of Hamburg and for payment by credit card, PayPal or SOFORT Überweisung (instant funds transfer). Same day delivery for orders received by 4 pm CET from Monday to Friday (except for public holidays).
**** Pick up in-store - Click & Collect: A pickup in our stores Mönckebergstraße or Kaisergalerie is possible if paying by credit card, PayPal or SOFORT Überweisung. During pick up, a valid photo ID with the name and surname of the customer is required for verification purposes.
For partial shipments, shipping costs are charged only once.
For deliveries to non-EU countries, the article prices stated are net prices, i.e. the sales prices exclusive of 19% VAT. The delivery time to countries subject to customs duty takes two to four working days, depending on the shipping type and destination. We wish to point out that we bear the costs for door-to-door shipping, the insurance of the merchandise, as well as all costs for accompanying documents. For deliveries to countries outside of the European Union, other costs may be incurred, in such individual cases Braun Hamburg is not responsible for the costs and these shall be borne by the customer. These include costs for money transfers through banks (e.g. foreign bank charges, bank transfer fees, exchange rates) or import duties and/or taxes (e.g. customs duties). Such costs may also be incurred if the payment is not made within a country in the European Union, but rather the customer makes a money transfer payment from a country outside of the European. Any payable import sales tax, along with any customs fees, are collected from the recipient by the shipping company (respective partner forwarding agent in the delivery country). Please note that in case of a return it is not the responsibility of Braun Hamburg to refund any additional incurring costs such as customs duties or import sales taxes.
§ 7 Payment, Delay in Payments
You may pay your order with Braun Hamburg by purchase against invoice, instant funds transfer, PayPal and credit card.
Customers from the Netherlands may also pay their order with Braun Hamburg by iDEAL
If we prepay the merchandise, e. g. in case of purchase against invoice, you authorise us to transmit your details for the purpose of a credit scoring/check to Creditreform Boniversum GmbH, Hellersbergstr. 11, 41460 Neuss, Germany. Based on the result of the address and credit check, Braun Hamburg reserves the right to refuse a purchase against invoice.
Please note that some banks charge additional fees for international transfers or services, which you must bear. Such charges do not come from Braun Hamburg and should be clarified beforehand with your bank.
All payments and credit notes will be handled in the currency chosen for the purchase (EUR). Braun Hamburg is not liable for any exchange rate differences between the original purchase date and the refund date. Potential losses due to currency fluctuations will not be refunded.
Procedure for payment via purchase against invoice:
- Customers with an identical billing and shipping address in Germany can conveniently order via purchase against invoice. This payment method does not allow shipping to a Packstation, via DHL Express or express courier.
- For the purposes of the credit scoring/check, Creditreform Boniversum GmbH, Hellersbergstr. 11, 41460 Neuss, Germany, will send us the address and credit details stored in their database under your name, including derived score values based on mathematical-statistical methods, to the extent that we have credibly demonstrated our legitimate interest.
- Braun Hamburg provides payment terms of 14 days after receipt of merchandise. In case you have already returned individual items from an invoice, the listed invoiced amount can be reduced by the price of the returned items.
Procedure for payment via SOFORT Überweisung (instant funds transfer):
Instant funds transfer is the direct transfer procedure of Payment Network AG. It enables a quick and safe purchase and is considered one of the most secure methods of online payment. A registration is not required – you can pay easily and securely with your online banking details. Braun Hamburg will receive a real-time confirmation upon completion of the instant funds transfer and can ship the ordered merchandise immediately. This method of payment meets the high security standards of online banking and offers TÜV-certified data protection.
- Choose SOFORT Überweisung (instant funds transfer) as payment method.
- Complete your order. You will be forwarded to a secure SOFORT Überweisung (instant funds transfer) payment form.
- Log in with your online banking details (access details/PIN) as usual. Only data relevant for processing your payment will be stored. Your PIN and TAN will not be stored.
- Confirm the order with a TAN.
Procedure for payment via PayPal:
You can pay on our website securely and easily via PayPal. PayPal accepts payments up to a purchase price of max. EUR 8,000.
- Select PayPal in the 'Payment method' order step.
- In the next step, you are automatically forwarded to PayPal.
- If you are already a PayPal customer, you can log in there with your user details and confirm the payment.
- If you do not have a PayPal account yet, you can open up a PayPal account and then confirm payment.
- Complete your order with us by clicking on "COMPLETE PURCHASE" in the final step.
- The merchandise will be prepared for shipment and dispatched on the day of payment confirmation by PayPal or on the following workday at the latest. We generally receive payment within a few minutes of conclusion of contract.
Credit notes from returns are always credited to the PayPal account used for the purchase. You can individually decide and specify in PayPal whether you would like to further use the credit to your PayPal account directly for PayPal or transfer it back to your bank account or credit card account. We do not have any influence on this.
Procedure for payment via credit card:
- First, you enter your credit card details in our SSL secured payment form. SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is an asymmetrical encryption method on the internet that is intended to protect your credit card details against hacking and manipulation during transmission.
- Please note: The card holder's name has to be entered exactly as stated on the credit card. Please use only letters (a-z or A-Z) without special characters, numbers (0-9) or spaces in this field.
- After successful credit card verification by the credit card provider, the invoice amount is initially authorised, i.e. reserved on your credit card, but not yet debited.
- Your order will be processed within the delivery period stated under § 6.
- The amount due will be debited upon shipment of the merchandise.
We accept the following credit cards:
Additional security when paying with Visa, MasterCard or American Express
The system verifies whether the credit card participates in the 3-D Secure programmes Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode or American Express SafeKey.
They involve encryption and security procedures especially developed for these credit cards. If a credit card holder is registered in the 3-D Secure procedure through one of the registration methods, once the order has been completed, an additional query dialogue opens up which is directly linked to your bank and requests that you additionally enter a "secure code" (a password you have chosen or a dynamic password, which you will receive via SMS on your mobile phone after having entered your credit card information). The transaction is only completed using the correct password. If you are not registered, but your card-issuing bank supports the procedure, you will be requested to create the 3-D Secure password.
If your credit card or your card-issuing bank is not registered for any of these procedures, the payment is processed without further authentication. For more information on the credit card security procedure, please refer to:
Verified by Visa
American Express SafeKey
Credit notes: Credit notes from returns are credited back to your credit card.
Procedure for payment via iDEAL (Netherlands):
iDEAL is a method of payment that enables consumers to pay online through their own bank in the Netherlands. A registration is not necessary. Paying with iDEAL, the consumer uses online banking from one of the participating banks. These are e.g. ABN AMRO, ASN Bank, Friesland Bank, ING, Knab, Rabobank, RegioBank, SNS Bank, Triodos Bank oder Van Lanschot Bankiers.
- Select iDEAL as payment method.
- Select your bank.
- Once the order has been completed, you are forwarded to the online banking offered by your bank.
- After login, your payment details are already completed, please approve payment.
- The bank immediately displays a payment confirmation.
- You return to our online store, order and payment have succeeded.
Procedure for payment with a gift card:
If you have a gift card worth 50 €, 100 €, 500 € or 1,000 € for our online store, you can reduce the purchase price to be paid for the available balance on your gift card. There may be one or more gift cards that can be redeemed per purchase.
Note: Please note that the gift card is redeemable only in the online shop! A cash payment of the credit on the gift card is not possible.
- You can check the status and credit on the gift card on the shopping bag page.
- Enter the coupon code (located on the gift card) in the appropriate box ("Would you like to redeem a Gift Card? Please enter your Gift Card code here.") on the shopping cart page. And click "apply".
- The credit on your gift card will be automatically deducted from the total purchase price.
- Finish the checkout process as usual.
- If there is insufficient credit on the gift card, you will be prompted to provide another payment type (e.g. credit card).
- If the credit amount of the gift card exceeds the total amount of your purchase, then the remaining credit can be redeemed on your next order.
- In the case of returned goods, your gift card will be charged with a positive credit equivalent to the total amount of the returned item/items. Alternatively, a new gift card will be issued.
- If the order was settled with a gift card as well as with another payment type, the credit notes exceeding the value of the redeemed gift card are credited back according to the chosen payment type.
§ 8 Reservation of Ownership / Lien / Payment
- The delivered goods shall remain the property of Braun Hamburg until payment has been received in full.
- If you are a merchant, you have a lien or a right to refuse performance in commercial transactions only in case of uncontested and legally final counter-claims.
- There is a credit limit up to which it is possible to purchase against invoice. This limit applies to the entire customer account and also takes into account outstanding amounts from previous orders with purchase against invoice. Braun Hamburg reserves the right, especially in the case of open invoices in dunning run, to demand an advance payment to the amount of the order value. The order will be processed after receipt of payment.
§ 9 Customer Service
If you have any questions or would like to submit a complaint, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:
Phone: +49 (0)40 – 33 44 71 33
Mon – Fri from 8 am to 7 pm CET
Fax: +49 (0)40 – 33 44 71 03
We will endeavour to answer your query within 24 hours on working days.
§ 10 Warranty / Guarantee / Liability Limitation
- For ordered merchandise, the statutory warranty right applies.
- To the extent that Braun Hamburg has issued a guarantee for specific qualities of the merchandise or for services, Braun Hamburg shall only assume liability for this according to statutory regulations, regardless of negligence or fault. There are legal deviations in the customer's favour only to the extent that these are expressly indicated for the particular merchandise.
- Braun Hamburg shall assume unlimited liability for wilful and gross negligent misconduct.
- Braun Hamburg shall only be liable for minor negligence to the extent that there is a breach of material contractual obligations. Material contractual obligations are understood as those obligations which the contract, according to its very intent and purpose, is to provide to the customer or the fulfilment of which make the proper execution of the contract possible in the first place, and on whose fulfilment you may ordinarily rely. Such liability is also restricted to damage foreseeable at the time the contract was concluded and typical for contracts of this nature.
- The liability limitations and exclusions according to the above items (3) and (4) do not apply to Braun Hamburg's statutory liability, regardless of negligence or fault, or liability based on a contractually assumed guarantee, as well as on injury of life, limb and health.
- To the extent that the liability of Braun Hamburg is excluded or restricted, this also applies to the personal liability of its legal representatives and vicarious agents. Furthermore, the liability restrictions apply to all types of claims, even those based on law of torts.
§ 11 Copyrights
All rights to photos, films and texts published on our online shop are reserved to us or our partners. Any use, reproduction, editing or storage without express permission or without legal authorisation is not permitted.
§ 12 Final Provisions
- German law shall apply under exclusion of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
- This choice of law does not apply to consumers inasmuch as it deprives consumer protection rights mandatory according to the law of the EU Member State in which consumers have their habitual place of residence. In this case, the contractual relations of the parties to this contract are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the state in which consumers have their habitual place of residence.
- The European Commission has set up an online platform for out-of-court resolution to consumer disputes (ODR platform). The platform can be found under the following external link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. We are not willing nor obliged to participate in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer arbitration board.
- Should any of the provisions be determined invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
- These General Terms and Conditions are only available in German and English. A conclusion of contract can only be made in German.
20095 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)40 – 33 33 44 70
Fax: +49 (0)40 – 33 44 71 03
+49 (0)40 – 33 44 71 33
Mon – Fri from 8 am to 7 pm CET
Sat from 10 am to 8 pm CET