Collection, Processing, and Use of Personal Data
1. Braun Hamburg is the responsible entity as defined by data protection law
Personal data (e.g., your name, street address, postal address and email) are collected, processed and stored for the following purposes:
- Order details: For the acceptance, processing and fulfilment of your order. To the extent necessary, your details are forwarded to subcontractors, e.g. the deliverer of the merchandise. Payment details are collected in an encrypted mode and used exclusively for processing the corresponding transaction. Except for payment via purchase against invoice, Braun Hamburg does not receive any knowledge of or opportunity to access the banking and credit card details. Processing is handled exclusively via the relevant service provider, e.g. PayPal. All payment information relevant to data privacy protection (such as credit card number, expiration date and security number) is encrypted and transmitted directly to the respective payment service provider, and will not be saved by us. As a registered customer, you will be able to select the option „Save payment data“ during the order process. Thus, sensitive credit card data will be stored securely and easily via a so-called “alias” (token) in your customer account for later purchases. In “My customer account” under “My payment data” you can update as well as delete stored information. If you do not wish to store your credit card information in your account, you will be able to enter this information again with every order.
- Registration details: Within the order process, you have the option of creating a customer account with us. Your address details, including email address and orders, are stored here. For your next order, all you need to do is provide your customer name and a password. The password is to be kept secret.
- Required details: For ordering and registration, mandatory details are marked with an asterisk. If you provide additional details, these are additionally used for statistical purposes and for improving the Braun Hamburg online shop. If you have subscribed to the newsletter, the additional details can also be used to send you information on product offers that match your details.
- Newsletter registration: Via your customer account or within the order process, you can subscribe to our newsletter. In this case, your email address, as well as your form of address and name (to the extent provided), are used when sending the newsletter. A disclosure of your data to third parties will only be made to our partner organisation MailChimp (675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA) for the technical handling of the newsletter distribution. You may unsubscribe from the newsletter anytime using the unsubscribe link in the newsletter or by sending us an email.
- Contact: Data that are collected in the context of your contacting us (such as using the contact form, the appointment form or sending an email) are solely used and saved for the purpose of replying to your request. All the data collected can be taken from from the respective form. After processing, the data made available by the customer may be deleted upon his wish if this is not in conflict with a legal obligation to retain the data.
- Deletion of data: The data of the customer account remains stored until you cancel the account. The order data remain stored without a customer account until fulfilment. Then the data is deleted, unless there are statutory retention obligations. You have the opportunity to correct, disable or delete your personal data if the respective legal requirements are fulfilled. All data that is still required for the completion of outstanding tasks or for the enforcement of our rights and claims is exempt from deletion, as well as data that we are legally required to retain. In this case, data will be blocked from any other use.
- Information: According to the German Federal Data Protection Act BDSG you have the right to request information about your personal data free of charge and, if applicable, a right to correct or block these data. If you have questions about this, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Third parties: Customer data is only made available to third parties to the extent that Braun Hamburg has been authorised or required to do so according to data protection law, e.g. in case of a query by an investigative authority, in the course of order data processing or with prior consent of the customer.
- Credit check: If we prepay the merchandise, e.g. in case of purchase against invoice, for the purpose of credit evaluation and credit scoring, Creditreform Boniversum GmbH, Hellersbergstr. 11, 41460 Neuss, Germany, will send us the address and credit details stored in their database under your name, including derived score values based on mathematical-statistical methods, to the extent that we have credibly demonstrated our legitimate interest. In case of persistent delay in payment, your details will be stored for purposes of enforcement of claims in Germany with Creditreform Hamburg von der Decken & Wall KG, Wandalenweg 8-10, 20097 Hamburg, Germany, as a collection agency.
- Cookies: Accepting cookies is not a prerequisite for visiting our website. We would like to point out to you, however, that the use of the shopping cart function and ordering in the online shop are only possible if the security settings of your browser enable so-called cookies to be stored on your computer. Cookies are small files that are stored on your hard drive and save certain settings and data exchanged with our system via your browser.
We basically use two types of cookies: First, there are so-called session cookies, second, there are other temporary/permanent cookies in the password-protected area that are stored for a longer period (up to 30 days) on your hard drive. Session cookies are needed, for example, to offer you the option of saving your shopping cart throughout several pages. Permanent cookies serve the purpose of making our offer more user-friendly and more effective. For example, this includes the remarketing and retargeting cookies that are launched by Google or our service provider Criteo: When clicking on certain products or product areas, a cookie is stored on your user device that may accordingly influence the display of advertising on other websites that you visit.
In the cookies used by Braun Hamburg, no personal data is stored, and analyses are performed only in an anonymised form. You can set your browser to only accept cookies if you confirm them. If you do not accept any cookies, however, this may lead to restrictions in the usability of our online shop. You can delete cookies already stored on your hard drive at any time. For further details, please refer to the instruction manual of your browser programme.
You can recognise the banner launched by Criteo based on the small "i" in the right-hand corner of the banner. If you click on it, you also have the option of blocking the storage of cookies and the display of relevant advertising. As an alternative, you can call up this link to deactivate the Criteo banner ads: Criteo
You can cancel the use of the remarketing function by Google by calling up the following link of the third-party provider for deactivating the cookies: Google
2. Google Analytics
This online shop utilises Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are sent to and stored on your computer to allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookies regarding your use of this website will be generally transmitted to a Google server in the US, where the information will be stored. For IP anonymisation, your IP address is shortened by Google beforehand within EU member states or other states that are contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the US, where it is shortened. On behalf of Braun Hamburg, Google will use the information to analyse your use of the website, to create reports on website activities, and to provide other services to the website operator in connection with website use and internet use. The IP address transmitted from your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data. You can prevent the acceptance of cookies by way of a relevant browser software setting. You may furthermore prevent the capture of data related to your use of the website generated by the cookie (including your IP address) and their transmission to Google, as well as the processing of such data by Google by clicking the following download link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en) to a browser plugin you can install.
3. Google Tag Manager
This online shop uses the Google Tag Manager, another product of Google Inc. („Google“), to manage website tags and firing rules. The tag manager tool itself is a cookie-free domain and does not collect personal data. It does however fire tags that may themselves collect data (such as the Google Analytics tag), which you are herewith advised about. The tool itself does not access these data. If a deactivation is conducted on the domain level or cookie level, this applies to all tracking tags that are implemented with Google Tag Manager.
The product metalyzer from metapeople GmbH (http://www.metapeople.com) is used in our online shop. This product collects and processes user data for marketing and optimisation purposes. This data is used for creating pseudonymised user profiles. For each visitor to our online shop, the web server of metapeople GmbH saves the name of the internet provider, the website from which the user visits us, the websites they visit, along with the data and duration of visits. The collected data does not contain your name, address or email address, and thus does not allow personal identification. The data collection and storage can be revoked at any time with effect from this point in time forward.
5. Affiliate program
Information about the use of this website generated by cookies and Web Beacons (including the anonymised IP address) as well as the delivery of advertisements is transmitted to an Awin server and stored there. Awin might impart this information to third parties due to statutory reasons or if a third party processes these data on behalf of Awin. You can deactivate or restrict cookies by using a corresponding setting in your browser (see paragraph 1).
6. Use of social plugins
Our online shop uses social plugins of the following social networks:
- facebook.de: operated by Facebook Ireland Limited Hanover Reach, 5-7 Hanover Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland.
- Twitter: operated by Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
- Google+: operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
- Pinterest: operated by Pinterest Inc., 635 High Street, Palo Alto, CA, 94301, USA.
(Collectively referred to below as "operators"). The plugins are designated by the logo of the relevant operator.
If you call up one of our websites containing such a plugin, your browser establishes a connection to the servers of the operator. The content of the plugin is transmitted by the operator directly to your browser and integrated into the page. Through integration of the plugin, the operator receives the information that you have called up the relevant page of our website. If you have an account with the relevant operator and are logged in to this account, the operator can attribute your visit to your account. When using the plugin functions (e.g. pressing the "Like" button or making a comment) the relevant information is attributed to your operator account. In order to prevent the operator from collecting data on you via our website, log out of the operator's service prior to visiting our website and delete any cookies that may be stored.
To learn more about the scope, nature and purpose of the data collection and further processing of the data by the operators, along with your related rights and options for protecting your privacy, please refer to the data protection information of the particular operators on their websites. As the operators have their headquarters or parent company in the United States, this may lead to data being transmitted to the United States.
7. Conversion monitoring with the conversion tracking pixel from Facebook
Within our website, we rely on the "conversion tracking pixel" from Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). It helps us track the actions of users after they have seen or clicked on a Facebook advertisement. Thus we can record the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this manner is anonymous to us, i.e. we cannot see the personal data of individual users. This data, however, is collected and processed by Facebook, about which we would like to inform you to the best of our knowledge. Facebook can link this data to your Facebook account and also use it for its own advertising purposes, according to Facebook's data use directive https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ . Thus Facebook and its partners can enable the placement of advertisements on and outside of Facebook. Furthermore, a cookie may be stored on your computer for this purpose. You can administer many online corporate advertisements via the American site http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the EU site http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices/ and thus revoke the tracking.
8. Your contact for privacy issues
To the extent that you wish to revoke the collection, processing or use of your data by Braun Hamburg as provided by these data protection provisions in total or for particular measures, you can send your revocation via email, fax or letter to the following contact details:
Braun Hamburg GmbH & Co. KG
20095 Hamburg, Germany
Fax: +49 (0)40 – 33 44 71 33
September 2017, © braun-hamburg.com